We have been working with the Geometa platform since 2019. On its basis, the “Integrated Municipal Geographic Information System of Kazan” (hereinafter referred to as System) was implemented.
The main tasks solved using the System:
- Organization of a bank of spatial data of the city of Kazan;
- Maintaining the Information System for Urban Planning;
- Consolidation, updating, and processing of urban planning documentation;
- Automation and control of the provision of municipal services in the field of urban planning and land use.
The platform allowed us to:
- Reduce the technical requirements for a large number of client workstations due to work through the Web interface;
- Implement the coordinate system used by the regional Service for State Registration, Cadastre, and Cartography;
- Accelerate information exchange with the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre, and Cartography, removing the human factor in sending requests;
- Streamline the spatial information of all departments of the Executive Committee of Kazan;
- Use uniform decision-making rules in the formation of land plots;
- Make cross-search of documents and spatial data fast and convenient;
- Introduce the system of requirements for urban planning documents;
- Download graphic information provided by the applicant directly, without additional processing;
- Automate spatial analytics for typical operations;
- Automate the formation of the document output forms.
During the implementation and operation of the System, the Geometa development team quickly and professionally solved emerging challenges. We have developed effective interaction and exchange of experience. Today the Geometa platform has become an indispensable tool for more than 700 employees of the Kazan Executive Committee.